Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DV
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

How to make LiveSafe Firewall User Friendly

I just got LiveSafe McAfee pre-installed with Windows 10, and it has the worst Firewall out of any previous antivirus I have ever used.

The window is locked in a specific size, with no option to enlarge it. I can only see three programs at a time in the Internet Connections for Programs sub-section, under Firewall, which makes scrolling through hundred of programs to edit permissions truly painful. The WORST is that whoever designed this didn't even think to add a Search function to alleviate the poor design.

I am stuck spending hours editing my permissions for what could have taked easily a few minutes at most. Is there any way I can make this more User Friendly? Being able to enlarge the window for example, or reducing the text font so that I can see more programs at a time? Or a way to use a search or ctrl+f function?

Am I only the only one struggling with LiveSafe's firewall?

Thank you for your help

image.png

2 Replies
alphabeta
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to make LiveSafe Firewall User Friendly

Although this seems to be a valid point. Generally speaking configuring the Firewall is a one time process and certainly should not take hours. As this is a consumer product customizing the Firewall settings is something that is rarely done for idividual applications. In most cases all the apps would work without tweeking the settings.

Moderator ymdfarhan
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to make LiveSafe Firewall User Friendly

Hi

We do not have the option of resizing the window or the option to perform a search. One way is to sort the list by program name which can be achieved by clicking on "Program" and it will sort itself alphabetically.

You can suggest your recommendations in the Consumer Ideas section, which is constantly monitored by McAfee.

Regards
Farhan

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?