cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude FOLDERS in McAfee LiveSafe

Hello all, my first post on this forum.

I just installed McAffee LiveSafe and I'm trying to exclude a FOLDER from quarantine (not an individual file). Is this possible and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks for your help.

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to exclude FOLDERS in McAfee LiveSafe

In version 14.10.r12 you could only exclude folders in custom and scheduled scan but not in Real time scanning (files only). Now in higher versions real time scanning only excludes files individually you cannot exclude a folder ever. Mcafee now scans files only when actioned/run and scan does not scan all the files it used to. Scheduled scan does not now have exclusions.

If you have files that you feel are falsely quarantined you can submit them for review as per

Installing Windiows subsystem for Linux and the Kali Linux from the Microsoft store results in several files deleted from C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages. To not be able to whitelist Microsofts store downloads is not a good solution!

Moderator sanjay
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Unfortunately, McAfee doesn't have an option to exclude an entire folder. You will have to exclude the files in the folder individually to exclude the contents of the folder.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Not allowing to exclude heavy loaded folders (like software building output folders and IDE cache folders) or executables by pattern (like msbuild.exe, devenv.exe) it could be not so clever as you may think because you are forcing people with performance issues to disable real-time scan at all.

Do you really think that this is the safer option?

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community