cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude FOLDERS in McAfee LiveSafe

Hello all, my first post on this forum.

I just installed McAffee LiveSafe and I'm trying to exclude a FOLDER from quarantine (not an individual file). Is this possible and if so, how do I do it?

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to exclude FOLDERS in McAfee LiveSafe

In version 14.10.r12 you could only exclude folders in custom and scheduled scan but not in Real time scanning (files only). Now in higher versions real time scanning only excludes files individually you cannot exclude a folder ever. Mcafee now scans files only when actioned/run and scan does not scan all the files it used to. Scheduled scan does not now have exclusions.

If you have files that you feel are falsely quarantined you can submit them for review as per

Installing Windiows subsystem for Linux and the Kali Linux from the Microsoft store results in several files deleted from C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages. To not be able to whitelist Microsofts store downloads is not a good solution!

Moderator sanjay
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Unfortunately, McAfee doesn't have an option to exclude an entire folder. You will have to exclude the files in the folder individually to exclude the contents of the folder.

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!