cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timhynes
Level 7

How do I change my country of registration in McAfee LiveSafe?

Hi,

I just installed LiveSafe on my PC. During the installation, there was a drop-down box that I thought was for language (it had English-UK) and I left it as was. Unfortunately, when I went to add my mobile phone, I realised that the field was actually for my location and I can't enter my phone number because I am in Ireland (+353) - and the phone number must now contain the prefix for the UK (+44).

I would imagine the is easy to fix but I just can't seem to find it. I have tried to reach MacAfee technical support but when I fill in the forms, etc. I get an error message telling me to contact technical support, which is frustrating.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: How do I change my country of registration in McAfee LiveSafe?

The language of operation is usually dictated by which country's server you download it from (can be set on your account page) and I don't see a dedicated one for Ireland.  I do, however, see Ireland listed in the drop-down menu for Mobile Support by phone here:  Services and Support for Home and Office - does that not work for you?

If not try calling Customer Service, explain the difficulty and ask them to have Technical Support call you.  They are open 24/7:  0160 155 80

0 Kudos
timhynes
Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for responding. The link you sent directs me to support by country but I need to change this as a setting so my home country is Ireland. I've tried to change the address in the Account page but that doesn't seem to fix it. Is there email, telephone or chat support available for this product?

Thanks

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Did you try that phone number?The only other means of support are the ones you see in that link.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

If that phone number can't help connect you Chat support is available, just use the UK country choice.     I don't recommend email support as it is slow.

0 Kudos