cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get Mcafee to open?

When I tried to open the Mcafee LifeSafe program on my windows 10 pc earlier today, instead of the regular menu opening, a window opened stating "We're getting your app up and running(we'll launch your award winning anti virus protection shortly". Thinking it was an update, I left window open and waited. When I came back, the window was still open! There is no loading bar or progress report, so as far as I know its just sitting here "launching my award winning antivirus shortly"(If shortly is some indefinite time over an hour). I've tried restarting my pc multiple times, getting the same result. Please help!!! 

1 Reply
Highlighted
Moderator ymdfarhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: How can I get Mcafee to open?

Hello @TheOneLasagna

Regret the delay in getting back. Please confirm if you are still facing ths issue. A reboot should usually fix this problem but if you are still facing this problem, follow the steps in this article and it should resolve the issue.

You have to follow the steps given under How to resolve a damaged or corrupt file issue.

Regards
Farhan

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community