cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Google chrome won't open if my LiveSafe is turned on

I just updated my McCafee today because it keeps popping a message about my LiveSafe was turned off. After the update and turned my LiveSafe on, I could no longer load my Google Chrome browser. Everytime I open it, it closes down instantaneously but I can actually access it through internet explorer. When I tried to troubleshoot the problem, it said the chrome is incompatible. I'm not quite sure how to resolve this issue. I would not want to turn off the livesafe just so I could use the google chrome. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks.
2 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Google chrome won't open if my LiveSafe is turned on

hello,

maybe some previous update went the wrong way and the easiest way to fix is to do a reinstall of livesafe ?......

to do so :

1 use windows programs and features in Control Panel to remove McAfee Livesafe and Webadvisor. reboot the computer

2 download and run MCPR the removal tool to clean up most of the remaining fiiles and registry entries.

http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

reboot and thereafter the new install of livesafe.

hope this will help

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Google chrome won't open if my LiveSafe is turned on

hello,

i would like to ask if you have done the reinstall of mcafee and if it solved your problem of opening the Chrome Browser perhaps ?

thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community