cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gf1701
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Getting "risky connection blocked" messages, but no identifying information provided

Jump to solution

I've gotten this warning a few times, but there is no identifying information about the connection, not even an IP address, so I have no idea what on the website I'm accessing (always a mainstream site, like NY Times) is triggering the action. I searched these forums for more information, and all replies tell me to look at the security report, but the secutity report only shows the number of connections blocked, and a graph; no details. One forum reply told me to click "See What We Blocked" on the report page, but there is no such option available in my installation of LiveSafe. I saw other postings indicating that others are at least seeing an IP address in the warning message that they're receiving, but I don't even get that. I don't know why my system is different (this version of LiveSafe came installed in my laptop, purchased in July of 2018), but I'd settle for looking up the information in a system log, if I knew where there was one. Anyone know?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Re: Getting "risky connection blocked" messages, but no identifying information provided

Jump to solution

Open Mcafee and click on the My Info tab top of the program and choose See security History. Choose show incoming connections blocked and say lat 7 days. This will show what was mentioned in the suggested FAQ above.

Clipboard.jpg

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Getting "risky connection blocked" messages, but no identifying information provided

Jump to solution

@gf1701 

Our article Your McAfee software blocked risky connections will help you to check the connections which had been blocked by McAfee Firewall. 

Regards
Siva

gf1701
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Your link was no help. As I noted in my post (which I suspect you did not read past the Subject line), I had already read that information, but there is no  "See What Was Blocked" option in my LifeSafe. So I either need to know why this is so, and how to fix it, or I need another way to find the information it is supposed to provide, such as a log file.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Open Mcafee and click on the My Info tab top of the program and choose See security History. Choose show incoming connections blocked and say lat 7 days. This will show what was mentioned in the suggested FAQ above.

Clipboard.jpg

gf1701
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Thank you! At last, someone who knows the correct answer!

It's interesting to look up some of the IP addresses that were blocked, because the ones I looked at do not seem suspicious. And some refer to my router, which is odd. Do you know why it is that only in rare instances does McAfee pop up a warning alert? (Unfortunately, I did not write down the time that I received the alert, so I can't map any log messages to that alert.)

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community