cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder Exclusons

I can only seem to add 'Files' to Exclusions, is there a way to add an entire 'Folder'? I have tried to enter a folder and also a wild card of *.* but it will not except anything except a specific file, the problem being that I need to exclude a folder that has over 4000 files within it.

James

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Folder Exclusons

Unfortunately no it is files only. It has been asked of McAfee several times but they always say no. They have their reasons but I am not privy to them sorry. I will query my contact as to why though do not hold out hope for a change.

Actually scheduled scan and maybe full scan should not re-scan them if cleared in a former scan unless they were changed. At least I am sure of scheduled scan not so of full scan.

Thanks for the answer - That makes it a deal breaker, we will have to cancel our contract, at least with our old software we could add folder exclusions, without this option it keeps locating items in our software that is not virus's.

Thanks anyway

James

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor rmetzger
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

@Axnfell wrote:

Thanks for the answer - That makes it a deal breaker, we will have to cancel our contract, at least with our old software we could add folder exclusions, without this option it keeps locating items in our software that is not virus's.

Thanks anyway

James

Hi James,

Maybe consider the Commercial or Enterprise product lines; ENS or VirusScan Enterprise. These products are thoroughly configurable, for the experienced Network/Security Administrator. Folder exclusions are readily available. However, caution is advised. What is causing the items to be detected?

Perhaps, the Enterprise product lines will allow you to adapt as needed in your environment.

Thanks,
Ron Metzger

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Re my contact's answer he says no as malware can detect excluded folders. i assume enterprise has other ways to stop this path.

Sorry

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community