cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Firewall is blocking scan to computer

Hello,

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 multifunction printer/scanner/copier/fax and it appears that the McAfee firewall is blocking the scan to computer function (docs print with no problem). I recently reinstalled Windows 10 to the latest version (Aug 2020) as well (that protection software is turned off so McAfee is the active program).

How can I fix this issue so that I can scan docs to my computer once again?

1 Reply
Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Firewall is blocking scan to computer

Hello @Kris427 

We are sorry that Firewall is blocking Scan on the computer. Please help us with more info on the issue,

• McAfee version installed
  • Are you trying to run a Full Scan and Firewall is blocking it?
  • Are you trying to initiate Customer Scan by right clicking on a Doc and scanning it?

Any other info along with Screenshots would help us narrow down the issue and assist you on this.

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community