cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

False error "we havent connected with your device in more than a week"

Jump to solution

When I open Livesafe, in the listed devices on the left, there's an error (red exclamation) for the computer listed that I'm actually using. I click on that device and it says "we haven't connected with your device in more than a week" which is incorrect. Everything is up to date. Even did a manual 'check for updates' ... :Nothing new - everything is up to date" I would think if i click check for updates, that Livesafe would have to 'connect with my device' at that moment. Anyways I've seen this error for around 3 months. Even tried removing and reinstalling ... same thing. There is another thread about this however the person describes having the same issue i am, the 'resolution showing' (which explains what happens when you want to remove Livesafe completely) has an explanation that has nothing to do with the issue the person is describing. I don't want to remove Livesafe, I just want the error 'displayed' issue to resolve since it is false. Why would your software show i have a connection error when its obviously connecting because everything is up to date.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: False error "we havent connected with your device in more than a week"

Jump to solution

I contacted chat support and they did a screen-share and fixed the issue with their McAfee 'repair tool' download I believe (took about an hour). On other devices, yes, that one computer also showed the red error ... We did do a windows update also as well as removed McAfee and removed reinstalled ... etc. and something with the repair tool and all good now. Support was great. Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know the following information.

1. Have you tried to check for windows update and then re-install McAfee

2. Is there another instance of the same computer listed with a Green check on any other computer or device.

Regards

Srinivasa Ragavan

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I contacted chat support and they did a screen-share and fixed the issue with their McAfee 'repair tool' download I believe (took about an hour). On other devices, yes, that one computer also showed the red error ... We did do a windows update also as well as removed McAfee and removed reinstalled ... etc. and something with the repair tool and all good now. Support was great. Thanks

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @We6Ma5teR 

We are glad to hear that issue has been resolved

In future if you face any issue please feel free to contact us through community post or technical support, we will be happy to assist you

Regards

Srinivasa Ragavan

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community