cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Livesafe Total Protection support up to 5 devices as printed on Walmart flyer?

Jump to solution

I just purchased McAfee Total Protection Solution at Walmart.  The local Walmart ad in my newspaper says you can load on up to 5 devices but there is nothing on the CD itself that says 5 devices.

Can someone help find ouf if 5 devices before I open the packaging and am unable to return.

Please advise.  Thanks.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/11/13 3:24:16 EST PM
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does Livesafe Total Protection support up to 5 devices as printed on Walmart flyer?

Jump to solution

From the way I read it, it is valid on 5 different types of devices but unlimited numbers of same....I guess Customer Service would clarify that last statement.    Updates/upgrades will occur automatically as long as you have a current subscription.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/11/13 8:31:37 EST AM

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Re: Does Livesafe Total Protection support up to 5 devices as printed on Walmart flyer?

Jump to solution

The product you bought is Livesafe Total Protection Solution which is new and slightly different from the original Total Protection software.

LiveSafe description: http://home.mcafee.com/store/mcafee-livesafe

Customer Service could explain the finer differences better than I as I only use All Access personally.   http://service.mcafee.com/ContactCustomerService.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1

Yes it is OK for 5 devices.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/11/13 3:04:46 EST PM

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/11/13 3:24:32 EST PM

Jump to solution

Here's the data sheet:  http://download.mcafee.com/products/manuals/en-us/MLS_DataSheet_2014.pdf

The number 5 refers to the number of types of devices it covers.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/11/13 3:25:49 EST PM

Jump to solution

I have 5 Windows computers in my home. Can I install on all of them?

Jump to solution

Yes.

Jump to solution

Thank you for clarifying this.  I was surprised when I purchased the CD that there was no reference to the fact that I could install the software on 5 different windows computers in my home.  Are there any limitations in terms of updates?

Jump to solution

From the way I read it, it is valid on 5 different types of devices but unlimited numbers of same....I guess Customer Service would clarify that last statement.    Updates/upgrades will occur automatically as long as you have a current subscription.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/11/13 8:31:37 EST AM

View solution in original post

Jump to solution
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community