cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Auto-Renewal really activates FREE Unlimited VPN and other Features in LiveSafe Subscription?

Hi Friends,

I have recently bought LiveSafe subscription from eBay seller. McAfee website mentions that I would get unlimited VPN service free with an auto-renewal option. Besides, this also would enable some other features like Identity Theft etc. However, I am not getting any of the features. But I have doubt on free VPN, because McAfee sells Safe Connect in a very high monthly rate. 

Can anyone tell me whether you have got at least free unlimited VPN (through Safe Connect App probably?) after activating auto-renewal of LiveSafe subscription?

McAfee customer care agent has informed me that if I bought it from McAfee website directly, I would have got that free VPN unlimited (premium) service.

Please let me know your experience, if anyone actually got the premium VPN free (NOT the free VPN).

Thanks.

Halim

6 Replies
Madhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Does Auto-Renewal really activates FREE Unlimited VPN and other Features in LiveSafe Subscriptio

Hi @HalimurRahman 

The subscription that you have purchased doesn't have the McAfee VPN entitlement. It comes with only certain subscriptions[McAfee Livesafe & Total Protection] who have Auto Renewal turned On. Along with this, you will also get McAfee Identity Theft Protection. 

McAfee Safe Connect is a stand alone VPN program and not integrated with McAfee Anti Virus. But McAfee VPN comes integrated with Anti Virus program and hence you are not going to pay a separate amount of money for the VPN. 

Safe Connect offers a free product download[with some restrictions] where you can try the product and purchase if you are satisfied. Please access the below link that has more information and also to download Safe Connect

SafeConnect

If you would like to have McAfee VPN along with the Anti Virus, we request you to contact Support and let them know that you need McAfee VPN along with Ant virus. They can help you get a refund for the current product[if applicable] and help you purchase McAfee Livesafe or Total Protection that includes McAfee VPN.

Please let me know if the above information helps you or any further help required.

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it Accept as Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

Re: Does Auto-Renewal really activates FREE Unlimited VPN and other Features in LiveSafe Subscriptio

Hi @Madhan,

As I mentioned in my post that I have purchased LiveSafe product and activated Auto-renewal option. Also, I have downloaded the software from McAfee website using My Account. Hence, how can I not get the free unlimited VPN?

Hope I can get an honest answer from you.

Halim  

Madhan
Message 5 of 7

Hi @HalimurRahman 

Please open McAfee Console on the computer. On McAfee window, you should see the VPN option at bottom right. It should appear as Browse safely with VPN tile with Set up button. Please select the button and proceed further.

Please access the below link for more info on McAfee VPN,

FAQs for McAfee VPN

Let us know if you have any questions or help.

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it Accept as Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

It did not work. I contacted McAfee support service and the agent has informed me that my subscription does not cover Safe Connect VPN. I wonder whether there are LiveSafe subscriptions that have either VPN or no VPN? @Madhan 

Madhan
Message 7 of 7

Hi @HalimurRahman 

You are right. There are specific McAfee Livesafe and Total Protection subscriptions that are entitled with McAfee VPN. If you are willing to use McAfee Anti Virus along with McAfee VPN, I would kindly request you to contact our Support again, inform that your subscription is not entitled with McAfee VPN. You can request for a refund and then seek assistance from the Support, where they will help you purchase McAfee Livesafe or Total Protection that includes McAfee VPN.

Regards,
Madhan  M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community