cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Custom Scan GUI -> Strange look

Hello,

after doing a custom scan I get a strange error... see the screenshot for more info...

I use a german GUI...

-> Please fix it 😉

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Custom Scan GUI -> Strange look

Hi @CIA_MAN,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

By looking at the screenshot provided, it looks like the McAfee program was not properly installed. So we request you to follow the below articles to remove and reinstall the software. Once done please run a customer scan and let us know if you see the same screen.

How to remove McAfee products from a PC running Windows

How to download and install McAfee consumer products

Thanks & Regards,

Karthikeyan J

Highlighted

Hello,

it can't be the installation cause my second PC has the same behavior after the latest McAfee Update...

Please check it at your side 🙂 

Highlighted

Hi @CIA_MAN,

Thanks for your response.

There are possibilities that there might have been a problem while updating(downloading the updates) the software. It could be because of unstable internet connection. Try updating the McAfee program again and check if the issue is getting resolved. If not try reinstalling the McAfee program. Also, please make a note of the McAfee version before update and after update and let us know, so that we can take it further.

Regards,

Karthikeyan J

Highlighted

So there will be a further update come? 

Thanks. 

Highlighted

I checked a third PC of mine and there the same issue exists... So there must have been an update in the past, which kills this GUI...

And when I try to reinstall McAfee LiveSafe it works again... But hey men you can't let me install it on all my PCs again 😞 

Something strange to this topic again...

I reinstalled LiveSafe on one PC and first everything was working again with this GUI... And now I have the same problem again... So reinstall doesn't fix it for long... 😞

Highlighted

No new infos here?! 😞

Highlighted

@karthikeyan_J please help me here 🙂 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community