Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swill
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Changes in SecurityCenter Build 6120?

Does anyone know what's new/changed/fixed in SecurityCenter 14.0.6120?

mscscreenshot.png

I did notice that the installer looked a bit different when I installed LiveSafe on a clean install of Windows 10 I did the other day. The McAfee name along the top was in a thinner, more modern looking font. It looked quite nice, but unfortunately this change doesn't seem to have extended to the actual program once installed.

8 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Changes in SecurityCenter Build 6120?

I don't know what's in that update, and I don't yet have it here in Canada.

It's rare that they tell us what's in an update unless some major issue is being patched.

I would imagine it's  the usual "Bug Fixes".

The McAfee name will eventually disappear to be replaced with the Intel one, but that will take time.

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Moved to LiveSafe for clarity and possible further input.

Highlighted
swill
Level 7
Message 4 of 9

Bug fixes are always good (unless they break something else), but it would be nice if McAfee provided release notes for each build. Perhaps in the future.

On a side note, I find it strange that they are still cosmetically tweaking the current products (even if it's just the installer) as I am half expecting a big refresh some time in 2016. It has been about 5 or 6 years since McAfee adopted the gray design scheme it has now, although I suppose the arrangement of the interface changed in 2013 when everything was made bigger so it was more touch friendly. A big bit of speculation on my part but I think in the next year or so Intel will probably streamline their consumer security software line and there'll be just one product, probably called 'LiveSafe from Intel Security'. This would be similar to what Norton have done and would make sense as all McAfee products come with a cross-device license now anyway, so the feature gap has somewhat decreased between packages. Also, could the design of the Cloud AV beta be a sign of things to come in future retail product(s)?

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

The new 2016 beta should be coming soon so we shall see if there are any differences though I doubt it other than maybe adding raptor/real protect to the AV component.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Yes that should give us a good idea.  Peacekeeper and myself have it installed on one of our OS's.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

It seems I did hear mention of that eventually becoming a reality/adding it to the Consumer Line.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 9

In regards to the incorporation of the 'Cloud AV' product (Raptor) renamed 'Real Protect' , it was a topic of discussion during our Conference call today in reference to being introduced to the Consumer/Retail Version.

This is a confirmation/discussion from a Senior Level McAfee Product Manager from McAfee Labs :

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I might add that I created a 'Product Idea' on this subject.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community