cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install McAfee LiveSave

Hi guys,

I have been using McAfee Antivirus programs, as a Business, since March 2013. My busnisses' last McAfee Internet Security automatically renewable subscription expired on March 9th, 2018.                    At the beginning of this year I have decided not to renew that subscription and to switch to Consumer. Thus, on January 16th, 2018, I have subscribed for 2 years and purchased McAfee LiveSafe, which I can't install on my machine!

Problem description: I'm running the fully updated version of Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite L850 - 1LF laptop. In the last 4 days I have tried several times to install McAfee LiveSafe, with no success. I have downloaded and saved the setup executable file. When I try to run it as administrator, after I give permission (click "Yes") to McAffee to make changes to my computer NOTHING HAPPENS! No installer window opens and no error message about any problem is shown. When checking Task Manager I find two executable files with status "running". During one installation attempt I have waited almost 3 hours for something to happen but.....nothing!

What I have done: checked that Windows is up-to-date, downloaded and run McAfee Pre-Install Tool, downloaded and run MCPR, disabled pop-ups and ad blockers, run the Windows HDD Defragmenter.

I emphasize that my machine has a stable and speedy internet connection and that no other antivirus and/or antimalware programs are run on it!

And now the weird reality: because my machine has not been protected for about 72 hours and I had to avoid risks, yesterday, March 12th, I have downloaded the trial version of McAfee Total Protection from my account and IT INSTALLED SMOOTHLY, i.e. without any problems!!!!!????

Thanking you in advance, I'm looking forward to receiving professional help, as I have purchesed two month ago a McAfee product I am not able to use!

Labels (1)