cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Blocking Tumblr Blogs

Jump to solution

In LiveSae the setting is in Firewall>Netguard. Quite buried. Had to Google it. I had about 20 Google search tabs open trying to figure out this problem. 

Above the tech said they wanted to remote into the computer to get logs to understand the problem. My son is the one who has this problem and he is travelling back to college and starts the next semester on Monday. I'm not sure he'll have much bandwidth to do the remote access thing. (Seems like they should be able to give instructions on how to get the logs without remote access, but whatever.)

If you would be willing to do the remote access could you respond and tag the tech in the thread above? 

@Rosen wrote:

I also have this problem. I can view my dash just fine, but if I try to click into someone else's blog, or even older areas of my own blog, I'm told my internet access is blocked.  I have checked this in different browsers with the same results. I have no trouble accessing any other web site. This began Thursday evening (01/03) around 8 pm EST. I had a couple of other blogs open in tabs just fine, but when I went back to them later on I had the internet blocked message instead. I can access everything just fine on my iPad. Tumblr support suggested I add an exception to the firewall for tumblr. Haven't been able to figure this out. My only work around has been to log into my administrator account and turn off the firewall.

Jump to solution

Per my messate below to @Rosen:

"The tech said they wanted to remote into the computer to get logs to understand the problem. My son is the one who has this problem and he is travelling back to college and starts the next semester on Monday. I'm not sure he'll have much bandwidth to do the remote access thing. (Seems like they should be able to give instructions on how to get the logs without remote access, but whatever.)

If you would be willing to do the remote access could you respond and tag the tech in the thread above?"

RM83
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 18

Jump to solution

My issue was actually fixed when I put allow IP address on my NetGuard. What I did was clear my history, then logged back online to the blog, went to NetGuard and clicked edit and allow IP address on the last one used. It fixed my problem. 

Tags (2)
Rosen
Level 7
Message 14 of 18

Jump to solution

@RM83 wrote:

My issue was actually fixed when I put allow IP address on my NetGuard. What I did was clear my history, then logged back online to the blog, went to NetGuard and clicked edit and allow IP address on the last one used. It fixed my problem. 

Okay, this worked for me also. Thanks for figuring it out.

Jump to solution

This problem started for me on Tuesday, also, but it took a little bit to figure out that it was something being done by McAfee and not just a random issue with the Tumblr site that would be resolved by them. I can't even access my own blog, nor anyone elses. I can view the main feed, but if I click to go to any blogs it says it's my internet is blocked. I know for a fact my own blog is safe to be on (it's just pictures of oil pastels, my kids, and random research or grad notes), so I agree with you on this being an over-protective thing- and a very annoying one. 

Jump to solution

The only way I have worked out to fix this, at this point since it is every single tumblr blog (not just a few here or there- and adding every single tumblr blog as an exception is rediculous) is to turn off the netguard. At that point, one of the bigger reasons I'm paying for McAfee is gone.

Jump to solution

I did the net guard solotion it worked and thank you so much. However I think it has somthing to do with a windows update as I had this promblem then unistalled macafee web advisor that fixed it and then I reinstailled web advisor. But then a few days after a update happend and once it got done after a restart I couldn't acess blogs again. 

Also you only need to do the Net guard once to acess them all again. 

Highlighted
KAMQ14
Level 7
Message 18 of 18

Jump to solution

I started having this problem on January 6th. Thankfully, after finding this thread and reading through the posts, I can view blogs through my desktop again after unblocking tumblr IPs in NetGuard.

My issue now is that I'm unable to like posts when viewing them on any blog, to edit posts through my desktop, only in my dashboard, despite being logged into tumblr, and to edit my blog except through the settings on my dashboard. It doesn't register me as being logged in when viewing blogs on their main pages and continues to give me the "follow [blogname]" and registration popups.

Tags (1)