Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RM83
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 18

Blocking Tumblr Blogs

Jump to solution

My Mcafee Livesafe Firewall blocks tumblr blog pages. I can still get to the dashboard but if I click on a tumblr blog page it says firewall blocks it. I've never had this problem before and I don't understand why it has started all of sudden. I appreciate any help with this. I know I'm not only one having this issue. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RM83
Level 8
Message 13 of 18

Re: Blocking Tumblr Blogs

Jump to solution

My issue was actually fixed when I put allow IP address on my NetGuard. What I did was clear my history, then logged back online to the blog, went to NetGuard and clicked edit and allow IP address on the last one used. It fixed my problem. 

Tags (2)
17 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator SundarR
Message 2 of 18

Jump to solution

Hello @RM83,

Thank you for contacting us, please share the links that you are trying to access and let us know if allowing access to the URL helps resolve the issue.

Please use this link to while the website IP addresses.

Regards,

SundarR

RM83
Level 8
Message 3 of 18

Jump to solution

It's all Tumblr blogs, not a specific one. Anytime I click it it says it's blocked. It never was before. I know a couple other people on this board are having the same issue and I just like to know what can resolve it. 

Moderator SundarR
Message 4 of 18

Jump to solution

Hello @RM83,

It seems like this issue might to related to either your ISP or the blogs that you are trying to reach. We are able to reach tumblr blogs without any issue at this point.

Please share some sample URLs for me to check and confirm.

Regards,

SundarR

mknapp
Level 7
Message 5 of 18

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issue as well. I can view my dashboard on tumblr.com, but any time I attempt to view a blog off the main dash I'm blocked from it. It isn't any blogs in particular, just any tumblr blog. I've attempted following the troubleshooting guides the dead page offers, but going into my Firewall settings with McAfee does not show any of the options the troubleshooting guide shows, and so I'm still unsure how to go about fixing the problem.

Here are some example links, though again, it is literally every single tumblr blog that is being blocked.

http://mysillycomics.tumblr.com

https://ponett.tumblr.com/post/181848045119

http://tricksterocelot.tumblr.com/post/181848019738/discyours-tervacious-laurierrose

http://drawing-cookie.tumblr.com/post/181848015901/delete-this-they-totally-wore-things-like-this-in

These are just a few examples from scrolling down my dash- every time I attempt to go to the blog that has posted or reblogged, I'm taken to a page that says 'your internet access is blocked' 😕

Moderator SundarR
Message 6 of 18

Jump to solution

Hello @mknapp,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to remove the blogs from your McAfee's list of blacklisted websites,

1. Open McAfee Live Safe -> Click on PC Security -> FIrewall -> NetGuard

2. Remove IP addresses that have been accessed recently by selecting them and clicking on delete.

3. Please close the McAfee Live Safe, your browser and reopen your browser and try accessing the blogs again after performing these steps.

Regards,

SundarR

(Note: Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply. This will help others find a solution for this issue.)

RM83
Level 8
Message 7 of 18

Jump to solution

I did try that and it didn't work. I tried it again but this time I put allow the IP address instead of delete and that worked.

Jump to solution

This seems like a poor solution to the problem. I strongly suspect this is happening to more people than have come here to complain.

My son has quite a few Tumblr blogs he can't get to on his computer, but he *can* get to them on mine. We both have LiveSafe, we both have Netguard turned on. Same blogs on both computers, once can access and one can't. Unblocking them one by one is a huge pain. I told him to just turn Netguard off. Hate to say it but unless someone can explain why these blogs are blocked I'll assume that Netguard is being overly protective. 

One of these blogs belongs to a friend of his who has 0 ability to customize the site in a way to make it dangerous. (https://coolestprinceofnohr.tumblr.com/ )

Moderator SundarR
Message 9 of 18

Jump to solution

Hello @BiigSteverino,

We are currently working on identyfying this issue, for further investigation of the issue we will need  to collect logs from the machine to determine the root cause of the issue. I will communicate with you directly to take this forward.

Regards,

SundarR

Rosen
Level 7
Message 10 of 18

Jump to solution

I also have this problem. I can view my dash just fine, but if I try to click into someone else's blog, or even older areas of my own blog, I'm told my internet access is blocked.  I have checked this in different browsers with the same results. I have no trouble accessing any other web site. This began Thursday evening (01/03) around 8 pm EST. I had a couple of other blogs open in tabs just fine, but when I went back to them later on I had the internet blocked message instead. I can access everything just fine on my iPad. Tumblr support suggested I add an exception to the firewall for tumblr. Haven't been able to figure this out. My only work around has been to log into my administrator account and turn off the firewall.