cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are ISOs, MP4s, ZIPs, RARs, etc, scanned when transferred to storage?

I am copying files from USB external storage to my new synology NAS. It seems to be slow on occasions. Sometimes I average 130mbytes/sec other times average 10mbytes, occasionally it drops to "0", fortunately, not often.

Most of the big files are ISOs, many are MP4 and the rest a scattering of ZIPs, There are a huge number of smaller files and that is when I occasionally see "0" transfer rate for a second or two. I turned off "Real Time Scanning" but it didn't make a noticeable difference.

I read where the latest McAfee (which I have) only scan network files if "actionable'. Not sure what that means. Maybe it can be explained. I do a copy and paste from local USB3 external drives to the synology NAS. I would rather not scan the ISOs or MP4s as there are about 20TB of them.

1 Reply
Moderator sanjay
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Are ISOs, MP4s, ZIPs, RARs, etc, scanned when transferred to storage?

@BeemerBiker

Are you still seeing this issue? Which McAfee Product do you need help with?

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community