cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are ISOs, MP4s, ZIPs, RARs, etc, scanned when transferred to storage?

I am copying files from USB external storage to my new synology NAS. It seems to be slow on occasions. Sometimes I average 130mbytes/sec other times average 10mbytes, occasionally it drops to "0", fortunately, not often.

Most of the big files are ISOs, many are MP4 and the rest a scattering of ZIPs, There are a huge number of smaller files and that is when I occasionally see "0" transfer rate for a second or two. I turned off "Real Time Scanning" but it didn't make a noticeable difference.

I read where the latest McAfee (which I have) only scan network files if "actionable'. Not sure what that means. Maybe it can be explained. I do a copy and paste from local USB3 external drives to the synology NAS. I would rather not scan the ISOs or MP4s as there are about 20TB of them.

1 Reply
Moderator sanjay
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Are ISOs, MP4s, ZIPs, RARs, etc, scanned when transferred to storage?

@BeemerBiker

Are you still seeing this issue? Which McAfee Product do you need help with?

Cheers

Sanjay

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!