cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
properson
Level 7

Am I still protected if my trial for Mc Afee LiveSafe is over?

Hi,

This is my first post. So, after I bought my PC, recently, it came with McAfee LiveSafe, and so I used it for a month.

After the one month, the trial has expired now, and so it says "Your subscription is expired now", but when I look at viruses and spyware protection it is active and so is my firewall protection and all of the updates are current.

Is my PC still protected? (Like can I scan for viruses, is firewall still working) and if so, then what is the use of buying the subscription?

I hope all of this is answered ASAP.

Thanks,

John Cam

0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Am I still protected if my trial for Mc Afee LiveSafe is over?

To maintain protection, you should contact Customer Service and 'Renew'

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact   They usually have a 'discounted rate' when applying.

Via Phone/Online Chat being the most expedient.  I might add in addition, since you have allowed your subscription to lapse. You will be required to remove your 'Expired' software before installing your renewed subscription. Technical Support/Customer Service can assist you in doing this also.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Last time I looked into this the firewall and several other areas of the  software were  greyed out and unviewable. Re updates happening maybe they continue a while but they should not as far as I know. There is usually a good discount offer available on the net.

the official comment in teh FAQs is

Will my subscription still work if it has expired?

Expired subscriptions will not receive updates and therefore will not protect you from new threats.

When your subscription expires, you will no longer be able to download new updates and virus definition files. You will still be able to use the product, but you will not be protected from threats newer than the last update before it expired. If your subscription has expired, or will expire soon, McAfee strongly recommends that you renew the license at http://home.mcafee.com

Hi John,

The expired software eventually disables all the features of your subscription though they will be active until the Content is valid.

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos
properson
Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by "until the content is valid"?

Please let me know ASAP,

thanks.

0 Kudos

By content I mean the Virus definitions which is made used by McAfee to detect and eliminate threats. Generally these are updated as frequent as 7 days time or even quicker if there is an emergency update. Once the content gets older the efficiency of detecting and cleaning threats would cease. Thus it is important to renew McAfee subscription and keep it up to date.

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos
properson
Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for a fast reply.

One last question, for me, it still says that my updates are current, and there is green font for the updates, infact it says that it has been updated today?

thanks again,

John Cam

0 Kudos

John Cam wrote:

it still says that my updates are current, and there is green font for the updates,

As long as the tile is green you have active content.

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

How far past the subscription end is it? It is possible that the engine might stay updated for a short while. Selvan could comment on that as he is support.

0 Kudos