Did you mean: 
sia
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

bypass AV+from_domain password protected

Hello.

I have a MWG V6.7.2.

Someone know how can i do a rule to bypass de AV, for mails from certaim domain AND than are password protected?.

Thanks a lot.

Bye.

5 Replies

Re: bypass AV+from_domain password protected

Hello,

1)

You could enable a whitelist entry for the domain, and whitelist Antivirus --- but I would not recommend it!

or

2)

You can bypass antivirus checking for password-protected attachments.

Anti-Virus / Configure Signature Engines

sia
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

tks bwemailsupport1.

The second option bypass all mail for password-protected attachments, and i need bypass outgoing mail only. And the first option dont do it too.

Any idea?.

Tks for the help.

(If one of these answers is helpful or corret, please mark it with "Like" or Mark as Answer.)

I think you are back to a Whitelist entry.   It looks like the system will let you  create an Outbound whitelist entry (for that domain).

You might also consider a different way to handle the issue, such as using one of the Ironmail encryption options.  (It sounds like the organization currently is performing the encryption at the client/desktop level.)

Highlighted
ijahnke
Level 11
Message 5 of 6

Unfortunately this isnt something that can be done on the ironmail. The only options here are to either whitelist the domain from AV or bypass password protected attachments for all.

sia
Level 9
Message 6 of 6

Thanks ijahnke.

as a workarround, I have created a outbound attachments analysis rule to send de mails that contains password protected attachment to de SMTO quarantine whith a action value.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community