cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

What handheld device do you use for reading secure (pull) emails?

Jump to solution

Hello IronMail customers.

In an effort to ensure we support what our customers are using, I am interested in finding out what handheld devices are being used for those that use Secure Web Mail Client. 

What I am looking for here is the name of the device, model number and operating system.

Thank you,

Gary Ulaner

Product Management - McAfee Email Gateway

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
runcmd
Level 10
Message 2 of 3

Re: What handheld device do you use for reading secure (pull) emails?

Jump to solution

Here's a sampling of what we encounter or anticipate encountering...

iPhone w/iOS v4+

iPad w/iOS v4+

Windows Phone 7

Droid w/OS 2+

Providing exact models is difficult because it depends upon what is purchased by the end user.  Additionally, the majority of our encrypted email recipients are individuals outside the organization.  Our MEG encrypted email piece has been in place since June of 2010 and to-date we have not received any complaints from our mobile user base about not being able to read encrypted emails on handhelds...  Pat yourself on the back. 

2 Replies
runcmd
Level 10
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Here's a sampling of what we encounter or anticipate encountering...

iPhone w/iOS v4+

iPad w/iOS v4+

Windows Phone 7

Droid w/OS 2+

Providing exact models is difficult because it depends upon what is purchased by the end user.  Additionally, the majority of our encrypted email recipients are individuals outside the organization.  Our MEG encrypted email piece has been in place since June of 2010 and to-date we have not received any complaints from our mobile user base about not being able to read encrypted emails on handhelds...  Pat yourself on the back. 

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for your reply.   Exactly the kind of data I was looking for.  Matches up to what I was thinking the major handheld platform are.

Gary Ulaner