Did you mean: 
apoling
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Troubleshooting why a mail policy has not triggered

Jump to solution

Hello,

to test a given scenario we defined a new mail policy that should trigger when a mail recipient is a given user (policy has one criterion only: "Recipient email address is X@domain.com"). We sent several test mails to this recipient only. We checked the Reposts on the appliance that received the test mail.

Yet, it seems that this policy does not trigger; instead, the policy, that this test policy is based on triggers instead. It is shown in Reporting\Detail view, when filtered on this test user only as recipient. The base policy has one policy criterion only: all incoming mails should activate it.

The test policy is the topmost one and the policy that triggers is some 5 policies below it.

Is there a means other than test mails to troubleshoot why a given policy triggers and why not the other (when potentially the "other" should have triggered) ? Maybe the appliance logs why a policy triggered over the other?

Attila

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Troubleshooting why a mail policy has not triggered

Jump to solution

Hi Attila,

Thanks for uploading the screenshots. I have tested this here and it seems to work fine as expected.

It hits the "PUP teszt" policy everytime in my test instead of the policy "Inbound email".

I would suggest that you open up a support ticket, so that it can be investigated in details. A packet capture n the EWS while reproducing the issue, and a MER will be required to investigate this further.

Regards,

Sudipto

6 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am assuming this is how your policy is defined - "Recipient email address is X@domain.com".

Can you try "Recipient email address is x@domain.com" ? If this works can you tell me which patch are you on?

Regards,

Sudipto

apoling
Level 14
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello,

thanks for the reply.

The recipient email address is a full - complete - email address (its actually mine that you see here in my profile) and not  in the form of general address. Its all in lower caps. The appliance is EWS 5.1 Patch 5.

Attila

Jump to solution

Will it be possible to attach a screenshot showing the criteria?

Thanks,

Sudipto

apoling
Level 14
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Here you are:

Attila

apoling
Level 14
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

..and here are the order of the problem policy and the criterion of the policy it is based on.

Attila

Jump to solution

Hi Attila,

Thanks for uploading the screenshots. I have tested this here and it seems to work fine as expected.

It hits the "PUP teszt" policy everytime in my test instead of the policy "Inbound email".

I would suggest that you open up a support ticket, so that it can be investigated in details. A packet capture n the EWS while reproducing the issue, and a MER will be required to investigate this further.

Regards,

Sudipto