cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template has been deleted...defaulting to system defined template

I noticed in the events log that Ironmail says:     "The template specified..... has been deleted".   (see below)

What template is it referring to?

I have a template with ID 9 so I'm not sure how to track down which one is missing.

20110116:18:01:43|100343084|9563|Exception occurred: Type=<error type> Exception=<exp>  -|<class 'ct_smtplib.SMTPDataError'>:(550, '5.7.1 Command rejected')|
20110116:18:01:43|100343084|9540|The template specified to notify recipient/sender/data/io/mime/tls exception has been deleted. Defaulting to the system defined template. Template ID -|9|

3 Replies
ijahnke
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Template has been deleted...defaulting to system defined template

This is typically caused by an upgrade. If you had a custom template you may need to check that its still being used in Intrusion Defender -> SMTPO service

Under the section "Notification Template" verify that the correct templates are being used.

Highlighted

Thanks -- I will take a look.

Is there a way to quickly "validate" all of our notification rules to ensure that they all point to valid templates?

I will contact support because the whole built-in template type is missing.  The template type is "SMTPO - Delivery Failure".

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community