cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Template has been deleted...defaulting to system defined template

I noticed in the events log that Ironmail says:     "The template specified..... has been deleted".   (see below)

What template is it referring to?

I have a template with ID 9 so I'm not sure how to track down which one is missing.

20110116:18:01:43|100343084|9563|Exception occurred: Type=<error type> Exception=<exp>  -|<class 'ct_smtplib.SMTPDataError'>:(550, '5.7.1 Command rejected')|
20110116:18:01:43|100343084|9540|The template specified to notify recipient/sender/data/io/mime/tls exception has been deleted. Defaulting to the system defined template. Template ID -|9|

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Template has been deleted...defaulting to system defined template

This is typically caused by an upgrade. If you had a custom template you may need to check that its still being used in Intrusion Defender -> SMTPO service

Under the section "Notification Template" verify that the correct templates are being used.

Highlighted

Thanks -- I will take a look.

Is there a way to quickly "validate" all of our notification rules to ensure that they all point to valid templates?

Highlighted

I will contact support because the whole built-in template type is missing.  The template type is "SMTPO - Delivery Failure".

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community