cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Remote McAfee Support

Jump to solution

The organization would like to enable/disable McAfee Support Access (public port 20022 access) as needed.

I see that I could stop the service from the web GUI, but that seems slighly risky because if the web GUI was failing, how would I re-enable the support access?

1)

Is there a way to enable/disable this access from the CLI?

2)

Does McAfee have any other customer-controlled method of remote access?  For instance, GoToAssist or WebEx, using the customer's telnet/putty session to access the back-end interface?

Thanks.

Robert

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Remote McAfee Support

Jump to solution

Hello Robert,

I am user of Ironmail system and can give you this information for commands on the CLI

===========================================================

[McAfee]: show system support

Support access is enabled.

Support access listen port has set to {port:20022}.

[McAfee]: edit support

*** Invalid command: Usage - edit support [enable|disable] ***

In our installtion we have the support access enabled on the box all time and have a firewall in front of it where we enable the connection only when having a support case with McAfee Support.

The firewall rule allows the host 161.69.15.4 to connect our Ironmail systems on TCP20022.

See KB72780: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB72780&cat=CORP_IRONMAIL_CENTRAL_MANAGEMENT_C...

The second question should be answered by McAfee staff...

Best regards.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Remote McAfee Support

Jump to solution

Hello Robert,

I am user of Ironmail system and can give you this information for commands on the CLI

[McAfee]: show system support

Support access is enabled.

Support access listen port has set to {port:20022}.

[McAfee]: edit support

*** Invalid command: Usage - edit support [enable|disable] ***

In our installtion we have the support access enabled on the box all time and have a firewall in front of it where we enable the connection only when having a support case with McAfee Support.

The firewall rule allows the host 161.69.15.4 to connect our Ironmail systems on TCP20022.

See KB72780: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB72780&cat=CORP_IRONMAIL_CENTRAL_MANAGEMENT_C...

The second question should be answered by McAfee staff...

Best regards.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community