Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 29

Re: Product Features - your wishes?

Thank you for the additional suggestion.  Makes a lot of sense.  Will add it to our enhancement request database.

Sincerely,

Gary Ulaner

Product Management

helo
Level 8
Message 22 of 29

I'm glad if you still accept wishes...collected from my end-customers and our tech-supports.

[New feature]
1) Un-install option:
if critical bug is found after upgrade or installation of Hotfix and there is no workaround for that,
then customers need to re-image the appliance (to downgrade) and lose all quarantines messages.

2) End-User Blacklist:

[Enhancement]
1) Backup option, backup all configurations plus quarantined messages:
When a hardware issue occur and need to replace the box, customers need to lose all quarantines messages.

2) Visible backup file:
I want visible backup file and can be edited and reviewed by anyone without restoring it to MEG.
As Switches and Routers do the way, it's more convenient.

3) Download admin-selected logs by one-click option:

4) Notification option for messages quarantined in Failure queue:
I have already submitted it PER but many customers still request this feature.

5) Provide more authority (privilege) in general for admin users:
Customers can deal with most issues without waiting for the support reply.

Able to see and check hardware logs(dmessages) and internal information such as database logs(CLI and GUI).
Able to restart process such as Update process(CLI).
Able to change all configurations by CLI.

Thank you.

このメッセージは次により編集されています: helo
I have corrected typos. on 10/10/25 21:32:33 CDT
Highlighted

I've though up another suggestion:

Allow replaceable variables in the user defined local header rules. For instance - we get a lot of spam now with the subject line consisting of just the first part of the recipients email address. In my case, I get email with the subject line of just amccann which is the part before the @ sign of my email address. Variables such as %localaddress%, %domainname%, etc would be a big help in adding user defined rules, without having to add a dictionary.

Suggestion: Please allow the S/MIME signed emails to be processed through user spam reporting.

Thanks

15 - An option to only send notifications only periodically (e.g. once an hour, once a day, once per sender, or any similar restriction.) would be helpful in avoiding the occassional mail loop.

16 - We periodically (acquisition, divestiture, spinoff, etc...) need to do things like change

John.Doe@company-A.com to John.Doe@company-B.com and notify the sender of the change.

It would be quite helpful if there were additional variables in Envelope Analysis notifications for the 'local' and 'domain' parts of the recipient  email address, the bits before and after the '@' sign.

eg.

$RECIPIENT-LOCAL$ and $RECIPIENT-DOMAIN$

which could be put in a notification responses

We could then fashion responses such as this, which is more friendly than making the sender figure out the new email from a generic response.

Hello,

This is in response to your email on <$DATE$> to <$RECIPIENT$> about <$SUBJECT$>.

My email address has been changed.   It is now $RECIPIENT-LOCAL$@NewCompany.COM

Please make a note of the new address.   You do not need to resend your message, it has been automatically forwarded to my new address.   Forwarding will stop working on Month, Day and you will need to begin using the new address before than.

Thanks you,

<$RECIPIENT-LOCAL$>

DimSys
Level 7
Message 26 of 29

Hi,

Did you plan (if "yes" then when) to virtualize the Ironmail?

EWS and Webwasher is virtualized but when the Ironmail will?

Thank You.

McAfee Employee GrahamClarke
McAfee Employee
Message 27 of 29

We are combining the Ironmail (McAfee Email Gateway) and EWS product lines into a single appliance product, taking the best pieces of both.

As part of this, we will have a virtual version of our email gateway product.  This is due to ship before the end of this year as McAfee Email Gateway v7.0.

The existing 6.7.2 and 5.6 releases of Ironmail and EWS respectively will be supported for a further five years from the 7.0 release.

DimSys
Level 7
Message 28 of 29

Thanks.

emjy
Level 7
Message 29 of 29

From the GUI, when doing a Queue search for email, I’d like to have the ability to export the result into a file as an Excel file.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community