14 - Reprocess. Rather than release an email, it would be nice to reprocess it. Allowing the rules to be re-evaluated against it so that a change can be determined to have fully resolved an issue or the correct action is taken.
9 - Queue Search - restricted to ~3 days. The queue search is great, but the ability to extend the duration would be wonderful. (Important)
This is already there, but could be a lot more descriptive as to what it actually is (going back to #5).
To change the schedule as it currently is set up, go to Administration --> Cleanup Schedule. The File Type is Statistics.
A few additional thoughts:
I would like the ability for help desk staff to release quarantined messages, but not necessarily be able to "read" the actual message.
in other words, have a fine-grained permission policy for the Queue Manager screen.
We are currently in the process of merging the Secure Computing Ironmail and McAfee Email and Web Security appliances into a new product, McAfee Email Gateway 7.0. This will ship before the end of the year.
Similarly, we have two separate email quarantine solutions: Central Quarantine Server (ex. Secure Computing) and McAfee Quarantine Manager (MQM). MEG 7 will work with MQM only.
MEG 7 has an on box quarantine, however if you have more than one appliance you would likely want a single consolidated quarantine. MQM is a software based product (runs on Windows Servers) which provides that. There are a number of user roles with MQM, one, the operator role, allows you to do exactly what you request.
Being a software download rather than an appliance, MQM will be provided free to any MEG 7 user.
We are testing multiple virtual MEG 7.0 appliances and did clustering as well, can you guide me where I can download MQM from? For your post above, what I understood is that Central Qaurantine Server (CQS) will no longer be there for MEG 7.0, correct?
1. Provide a way to directly forward virus infected messages that are NOT detected as viruses to McAfee, without having to download and ZIP the attachment up. We get many messages a week with infected ZIP attachments that neither McAfee or Authentium detect, and it's cumbersome and risky downloading them to my PC just to resend them.
2. Add a System Defined Header Analysis rule that adds points for a message that is smaller than an adjustable size. We get thousands of spams a day that are all under 1k bytes, and just about every message we've even seen below that size is spam.
3. The ability to export and import the full configuration, so that when we migrate to a new apliance next year, we can bring along all the User Defined Header Analysis header rules we've added, along with all whitelist entries.
4. On the queue Management tab, please give us the ability to disable the three charts, they aren't needed, and they slow the page down.
5. Add the ability to insert text into the top of forwarded messages, so that I can forward messages with comments as needed.
Message was edited by: Albert McCann [remove foolishly posted links...] on 10/9/10 9:23:40 AM CDTMessage was edited by: Albert McCann on 10/9/10 9:24:04 AM CDT
6. Add a 'Top Subject Line' count to the incoming reports, we get thousands of viagra (and sometimes watches) spams with indentical subject lines. Seeing the top 10 subject lines would help filter this junk.