cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

LDAP-PROFILE-ERROR

I had an issue and want to find out what could it be.

It suddenly starts to fail with the following alert

At: <date-time>
Host: localhost
Service: smtpproxy
Cause: LDAP-PROFILE-ERROR
Info: LDAP Profile <LDAP> access failed. Setting as unavailable.

Thanks for the help!

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: LDAP-PROFILE-ERROR

Is it possible the password used to connnect to the LDAP server changed or expired?  Those are fairly common reasons that a profile breaks.  Other possibiliities are firewall changes or server changes that no longer allow the connection through.

Highlighted

Thank you for your reply ajclements!,

I forgot to mention that was already checked and we've verified that the LDAP password was the same. What I was trying to find was a reason, it seems to me like it should be a connection issue that last long enough to trigger the alert. But I couldn't find a log to confirm what actually happen.

Highlighted

Hi Bcalvetti,

Did you find the solution to this error? I am too facing this error on the email gateway

Regards

Prasanth George

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community