cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evidence that EUQ Notifications are being generated and sent ?

How can I know that the End User Quarantine notifications are being sent correctly?   I have two received word from two people, that they are not receiving notifications for the past several weeks.

Is there a CLI command that can show me which notifications are being sent out?

Not sure if this is related:  I looked through the  "eusrquarantine"  event log and saw this message:

"QTN:12182011 17:10:14:Unable to create TS Repper object at  server  -  tunnel.message.trustedsource.org"

I've contacted support but so far the only suggestion is that DNS resolution is the issue.  (No idea why that would be an issue at this point, when this was working in the past.)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ijahnke
Level 11

Re: Evidence that EUQ Notifications are being generated and sent ?

If you have dynamic quarantine enabled then you might see that error. I am not familiar with that error but im wondering if its because you did not have a connection to our TS servers.

As far as determining if the user should have recieved notifications, you should be able to grep out their email address in the eusrquarantine log and look for a line that begins with NOTIFY. That should tell you if the ironmail attempted to send out a notification for that user. Also make sure that they qualify for notifications, make sure they are in the correct group(s), the correct quarantine queues, esp score, etc..

0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpful answer.

This is the actually what to 'grep' for in the CLI:

show log eusrquarantine  | grep EUQR_notify

EUQR_notify:0:01092012 15:01:28:Message Details ID||FILENAME||FROMADDR||TOADDR|VIPID <msgid:filename:fromaddr:toaddr:vip> - <11313538:/ct/data/mss/00/01/13/13/538::['jdoe@company.com']:0>

EUQR_notify:0:01092012 15:01:28:Created new Message ID and File <msgid:file> - <11313538:/ct/data/mss/00/01/13/13/538>

0 Kudos
ijahnke
Level 11

My apolgies, I flipped the case sensitivity around.

0 Kudos