sia
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

6.7 Patchlevel 2 Build number

Jump to solution

Hi all.

Thanks for your help about:

My production enviroment IronMails are in the 6.7 patch level 2 build 9372 version.

I have purchased a new box, and it is in the 6.7 patch level 2 build 11031 version.

Im trying to apply a backup in the new box from the productión enviroment and i see this message:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESTORE:09162011 14:10:56:Current: product  IM version  6.7  patchlevel 2  build  11031

RESTORE:09162011 14:10:56:Backup: product  IM version  6.7  patchlevel 2  build  9372

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to downgrade the new box to the correct version, someone know whats means the build number?.

Tks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 6.7 Patchlevel 2 Build number

Jump to solution

Your new systems are running 6.7.2 HF5, the system that the backup was taken from is 6.7.2 HF2.

You will have to upgrade the old system to hotfix 5 to correct this, there is no way to downgrade the system without reimaging.  If the new systems are the newest hardware generation (serial number starting with J followed by 9 numbers), they are unable to run anything older than 6.7.2 hotfix 5.

5 Replies

Jump to solution

Your new systems are running 6.7.2 HF5, the system that the backup was taken from is 6.7.2 HF2.

You will have to upgrade the old system to hotfix 5 to correct this, there is no way to downgrade the system without reimaging.  If the new systems are the newest hardware generation (serial number starting with J followed by 9 numbers), they are unable to run anything older than 6.7.2 hotfix 5.

sia
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks ajclements.

The serial number of my new box starting with H folowed by 9 numbers. In order to downgrade the new box im going to reimaging it.

I'll keep you informed of my progress

thank you very much for the answer

Jump to solution

That is also the most recent generation, just a serial number that is not very common.  You will NOT be able to install a lower hotfix version on it.

sia
Level 9
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Ok ajclements.

Yes, it's a new box. As you said, the only way is to upgrade my IronMail production environment. It's more tedious that downgrade a insulated box, but i'm going to do it.

Wish me luck!.

sia
Level 9
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Its works!!!.

Thanks you very mutch ajclements.