Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nisu
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

6.7.2 HF 6 time to install

I am in the process of upgrading to HF 6 but was told that it can take from 30 minutes to 6 hours.  While I dont understand why the difference, for those that have installed it, how long did it take and did it wipe your configuration away?

I see in another post a user having issues with outbound emails being sent duet o size.  Have others with HF 6 also had this issue?

Thank you

4 Replies

Re: 6.7.2 HF 6 time to install

I tried upgrading both our appliances to HF6 and they both failed and said to contact support...not pleased 

I was told it was basically a whole new version of the operating system (64-bit instead of 32-bit), so it is not a typical "hotfix."

I would recommend having a backup of the configuration available before you proceed.

My experience was that the configuration was wiped-out, but that may have been unique to our situation.

ROD
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

We went through the upgrade with no issues, it took approximatley 2 hours and we did not lose the configuration. Make sure to backup the configuration and apply the pre-upgrade patch.

It is not at all uncommon to see installation times of over an hour.  The fastest I have seen is about 20 minutes, but that was a system was being set up brand new.  On the other hand, I have seen one system take over three hours.