cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belaleid
Level 9

upgrade

Hi all,

we are running IPS v. 8.0 and we need to upgrade for the latest patch. Can anybody help with the upgrade process and (if possible) documentation.?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mohana
Level 9

Re: upgrade

If it is HIPS and If you are using ePO you can deploy through epo.

Refer ePO product guide page # 157 exlain how to deploy product or product path.

Hope the information given answer to your query.

Let me know if you need any informtaion.

Regards,

Mohan

0 Kudos
belaleid
Level 9

Hi Mohana,

yes we are using EPO and HIPS v. 8.0. I could not find the reference to gave to me.

0 Kudos
Mohana
Level 9

Hi Belal,

Hope the systems in which you want to install HIPS are managed by epo, Then it is easy to deploy through epo.

Login to epo --> go to client task, create a deployment task, select Host Intrusion Prevention (8.0) in the product selection.

Schedule the task or run immediatly. In the next Agent to server communication deployment task will begin for HIPS installation.

Note: If you have separate site/group create in ePO for HIPS systems you need to select the respective site/group in epo for deployment task.

or tag the systems and apply the tag for task so that HIPS deployment will take to the respective systems only.

Visit the link for ePO 5.0 product guide

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/24000/PD24350/en_US/...

Regards,

Mohan

0 Kudos
belaleid
Level 9

It seems you get me wrong. I have the HIPS delployed but my question was how to upgrade the patch number of the version.

0 Kudos
Mohana
Level 9

you can deploy the patch in the same way.

0 Kudos
belaleid
Level 9

Thank you Mohana. it worked with me

0 Kudos