cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninjaneer68
Level 10

manually update HIPS signature content

Jump to solution

I am in an environment where I have to manually update the security content each month

http://www.mcafee.com/us/content-release-notes/host-intrusion-prevention/index.aspx

The question I have is the latest month all inclusive ?? so if I missed 2-3 months and check in the newest one does that cover what would have been in the past ones ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bookz
Level 9

Re: manually update HIPS signature content

Jump to solution

Should be all inclusive. You can verify after you import to your master repository by opening up the McAfee default IPS rules policy and it will be initially sorted by HIPS content version signature was updated. Just check it against one of the release notes on a month you figured you missed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bookz
Level 9

Jump to solution

Should be all inclusive. You can verify after you import to your master repository by opening up the McAfee default IPS rules policy and it will be initially sorted by HIPS content version signature was updated. Just check it against one of the release notes on a month you figured you missed.

0 Kudos
ninjaneer68
Level 10

Jump to solution

ahhh good idea. I will try that some time this week and let you know

0 Kudos
ninjaneer68
Level 10

Jump to solution

I tested it today, you are correct I found the NEW signatures in the policy from previous months when it was added

0 Kudos