cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d.speak
Level 7

ePO/NAC ports

Just a quick question to anyone that may know. I recently setup an ePO server and have deployed the agent and NAC to client systems. After running a NMAP scan on these systems, they show a few ports that I am unable to explain. On the TCP side, there is 2701,and 2702. Then on the UDP side there is 1025, 1026, and 4500. I ran a baseline scan on another client w/o the agent and they did not show these ports open. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
d.speak
Level 7

RE: ePO/NAC ports

Well...lotsa views but no responses. Do no McAfee technical personnel watch these boards?
0 Kudos
Pitch
Level 7

I think Tony is on vacation Smiley Very Happy

I will tell you if I have this problem with my NAC/EPO system and how resolves it :confused:
0 Kudos
d.speak
Level 7

Thank you for your response. I am actually evaluating the suite and have a McAfee POC that refuses to respond to my emails.
0 Kudos
tonyb99
Level 13

Im not on vacation

Im also nothing to do with Mcafee (just another Macfee using administrator with too much work of my own to do)

I also dont use NAC (I wish... and the section of people to enforce it too) so I didnt feel up to commenting.

the mcafee KB is down right ( for "maintenance" so cant even run a check on possible ports in use by NAC. but if it was up I would, thats about all I could do without being a NAC user myself.

Perhaps some kind user who uses NAC may have this info already but TBH this would have been better posted in the IDP board where they are more likely to look.

If you want me to move the thread just ask
0 Kudos
d.speak
Level 7

Doesn't matter where it goes to me...just as long as someone looks at it. I find it hard to believe that so many people use ePO and have not determined which ports are utilized by the ePO/NAC suite. Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
tonyb99
Level 13

loads use EPO many fewer NAC (cant find the cash to pay for enough people to process it)

Ill shift this thread over to the IDP board
0 Kudos
d.speak
Level 7

Thanks
0 Kudos