cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO 5.10 Update 2 | ENS Firewall Policy "An unexpected error occurred" [/PolicyMgmt]

I seem to be unable to edit one policy with ENS 10.6.1 Firewall.

The page below fits the java exeption word for word however the fix does not work.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90495&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_U...

Thanks

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: ePO 5.10 Update 2 | ENS Firewall Policy "An unexpected error occurred" [/PolicyMgmt]

Enable some additional logging to get more detail please.

logging unexpected errors. 
First do this:
1- Edit server\conf\orion\orion.properties
2- Replace 'orion.exception.show.detail=false' with 'orion.exception.show.detail=true'
3- Restart Tomcat

Then reproduce the issue. Instead of "unexpected error" the console should give you a jstack trace.

Post the output that gives please, then set the orion.properties back to false.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Re: ePO 5.10 Update 2 | ENS Firewall Policy "An unexpected error occurred" [/PolicyMgmt]

Hello the error I get is:
javax.servlet.jsp.jspExeption:
javax.servlet.jsp.jspExeption: error including body content
at org.apache.jsp.PolicySettings_jsp$Helper.invoke(PolicySettings_jsp.java:612)

thanks,

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

I am going to transfer this over to the firewall team.  It appears there is something possibly corrupt in that policy.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee ktankink
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Hi @charliek17  , are you using the ENS 10.6.1 Feb Update extension?  If not, can you update the extension and test again for the documented resolved issue?

PD28195 - Endpoint Security 10.6.1 February Update Release Notes

User Interface 1260017 When adding or editing firewall rules, an error no longer occurs when you save the policy.

Hello,

I still have the Issue.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator