cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HipsProblems
Level 7

Standalone HIPs for Server: Policy Question

I have a standalone server that I would like to use the HIPs product on.  I will NOT be able to manage this server with my EPO server—this server is truly standalone. 

I also currently have another totally separate network that I manage via the EPO.  I would like to use the policies that I have created via the EPO, on the standalone server that I mentioned above, without connecting my standalone server to the network that the EPO is on.  

So here is my question: Is it possible to export the policy rules from the EPO server, and copy them onto my standalone server that is running the HIPs?  I want the standalone server to use the policies that i have already created, but i cannot have it talking to the EPO server.  Is this possible? Is there a way to do this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Standalone HIPs for Server: Policy Question

Host IPS is only managed via ePO.  It is not a standalone product.

Is it possible to export the policy rules from the EPO server, and copy them onto my standalone server that is running the HIPs?  I want the standalone server to use the policies that i have already created, but i cannot have it talking to the EPO server.  Is this possible? Is there a way to do this?

Sorry, no.  Please file a PER if you would like to submit a request for this functionality.

KB60021 - Information about Product Enhancement Requests for McAfee products

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60021

0 Kudos
HipsProblems
Level 7

Re: Standalone HIPs for Server: Policy Question

Thank you so much for the quick reply and an answer!

0 Kudos