Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Slow shutdown >2min with HIP 8.0.0.2919

Now:
ePO 5.0.1
HIPS 8.0 P4                 (B 2919)  hips Content 5710
VirusScan 8.8.0 p4      (B 1247)

We plan HFX to main ePO this or next week.

But on test ePO with test clients we have this HFX and didn´t solve this delay problem.

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 24

In the HF for HIPS the core drivers are updated. Please test with the HF as Pmaquoi sugest. (NB not all HF are accumulative, please ensure you read the documentation, and install all needed updates. I think the latest release is 8.0.0.3122)

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 13 of 24

Not sure who the reply was aimed at.... But My testing was completed using fully patched modules. unless I missed one but I was pretty good about researching before starting....

McAfee Agent 4.8.0.19338 (Patch 3?)

HIPS 8.0.0.3122 (Patch 4 + Hotfixes)

VSE 8.8.0.1247 (Patch 4)

Andy yes you have to read between the lines to figure out which Hotfixes you have to apply. This was done and updated to the latest.

Thanks!

Patrick

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 14 of 24

Your quite right. In my eager to join the debate, I overlooked the last page with comments , and ended up with writing nonsens

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 15 of 24

Introduction of LPC brought some problems in connection to Agent and other Products like VSE.

Agent side problems are still being worked on as far as i know (will be probably some Agent 5 Patch)

HIPMGMT was not excluded per default on VSE side (should be fixed with P5 but you can exclude manually)

Run at every policy enforcement not available with later ePO and Agent anymore but if you still have it, disable it

I suggest to retest once HIP P 5 is available as it contains all previous official hotfixes. (to be released very soon)

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 16 of 24

Patch 5 is now available

Highlighted

Hi all,

since I don't like to wait forever for McA Platinum support...

I put the process "HipMgmt.exe"  (the new service introduced w. patch 4) in the On-Access Low-Risk.

Then I did what you mentioned above: disabled Run at every policy enforcement on those tasks where this was chosen. The shutdown time for McA stuff changed from 60 seconds to 7..

Cheers,

Nick

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 18 of 24

I do still have the proble and the option "disabled Run at every policy enforcement" is not a option in our environment.

Any news from Mcafee regarding a bug fix?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 24

We also had similar issue with shutdown and these are the steps we ended up doing...

1. Update our agent to 4.8 patch 3 (4.8.0.1938) - There were known issues that were fixed with this version to speed up the shutdown

2. Our HIPS is at the latest HF (8.0.0.3122) - I believe one of the HF's released after Patch 4 fixed a shutdown issues as well.

3. We also disabled Run at every policy enforcement for our tasked.

The other thing we discovered was with our Imaging process and around how the video driver was being applied... Uninstalled video driver from a device and updated it to the latest version also speed up our shutdown for our HP devices. Our Shutdown after the video driver uninstalled / reinstalled went from 60 seconds to around 15 seconds.

Something to try....

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 20 of 24

Bought a New Dell Precision M2800 with I5, 8GB, 128GB SSD, so why not do some testing.....

EPO Server 5.1.1

McAfee Agent 4.8.0.19338 (Patch 3?)

HIPS 8.0.0.3122 (Patch 4 + Hotfixes)

VSE 8.8.0.1247 (Patch 4)

Testing multiple scenarios, however here is what I can confirm:

If you login and immediately logoff you have about a 40-60 Second logoff.  This can be recreated continuously

If you login and wait for 3-5 Minutes you have about a 5 Second Logoff. This can be recreated continuously

If you login and trigger the "Collect And Send Props" and the "Check New Policies" buttons from the McAfee Agent Monitor (this takes about 30 Seconds or less). Then Immediately logoff you get the 5 second logoff. Again this is continuously recreated.

I did follow on of the McAfee KB's about resaving the Product deployment tasks to eliminate the possibility of the "Run at every enforcement" however this gave me no improvements anywhere.

I do not have a solution yet, but it does appear that something about the McAfee Services is wanting to talk to the server or something for one reason or another before terminating the services.

I also need to do more testing in regards to having a workstation / laptop being on and connected for a longer duration to see if it happens or not...

Patrick

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community