Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roopesh
Level 7

Silent Uninstall command for HIPS 8.8

Uninstall HIPS 8.8

=================

could you please help to get silent uninstallation command for uninstallaing HIPS 8.0. When I tried uninstalling using misexe /x <productcode>, I get the error as

"Product: McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention -- Product is in self-protect mode.  Please disable self-protect mode before uninstalling".

Before tyring the command , I tried stopping the service "McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service" but I get the message as " Error 1053: The service didnot respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion".

0 Kudos
5 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Silent Uninstall command for HIPS 8.8

Please see:

KB73127 - MSIEXEC Uninstallation Commands for Host Intrusion Prevention 7.0 / 8.0

0 Kudos
roopesh
Level 7

Can you let me know how to stop or delete "Validation Trust Protection Service" using command line.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

You must uninstall all McAfee products to remove the MVTPS service (several McAfee products rely on this service to exist; once all McAfee products, that depend on this service, are uninstalled, the MVTPS service will be removed as well).

0 Kudos
roopesh
Level 7

Not able to remove McAfee products ( Mcafee Agent )  before HIPS as it is throwing the error " Mcafee agent cannot be removed as other products are still using it.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

• The McAfee Agent does not use the MVTPS service.
  • Remove the McAfee Agent last after all other products.
0 Kudos