cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenobe
Level 10

New Signature. Please run content update task.

Jump to solution

So I see in my HIPS 8 IPS Rules some new signatures with the text next to them, "[New Signature. Please run content update task.]".

My client task is set to daily update the HIPS content but these signatures still say the quoted text above.

How do I get those signatures to display their proper proper NAME?

Thanks!

Ken

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kenobe
Level 10

Re: New Signature. Please run content update task.

Jump to solution

We found the issue.  Our Extension was out of date.  As soon as we updated that, the Content Update subtask of our Client Update Task updated the content of our IPS policies.

Thanks all!

Ken

0 Kudos
4 Replies
StefanT
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'd like to say I have the answer but I don't!

I'm getting this too after writing a bespoke signature this morning.

I have seen this before and fixed it but I can't for the life of me remember how to fix it now, I have tried to run a McAfee Agent Update Task but this has had no effect.

Anyone?

Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
dfo
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi!

Which Content Version does ePO Report? Which Extension Build is in use? Do you see similar when looking into the McAfee Default IPS Rules policy?

Do you have a screenshot?`

regards

Dennis

0 Kudos
StefanT
Level 9

Jump to solution

Ah, mine has just corrected itself, in ePO it is now reporting with the correct Signature name, I guess it just takes time to replicate out between the server, clients and agent handlers.

Stefan

0 Kudos
kenobe
Level 10

Jump to solution

We found the issue.  Our Extension was out of date.  As soon as we updated that, the Content Update subtask of our Client Update Task updated the content of our IPS policies.

Thanks all!

Ken

0 Kudos