cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
numin8r
Level 9

Need to create HIPS policy

Hi,

I have epo 5.1.1 and I have deployed HIPS and AV to the clients.  I need to create a HIPS policy but I can't seem to find it under the policy tab.  It's not listed in the policy category.  Can someone please help me out?

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Troja
Level 14

Re: Need to create HIPS policy

Hi,

have you installed the HIPS extension? It looks like you have only added the software to the master repository, but you havn´t installed the extension.

Cheers,

Thorsten

exbrit
Level 21

Moved this to Host Intrusion Prevention as a better spot for it.

Peter

0 Kudos
numin8r
Level 9

From the EPO GUI I did software deployment for HIPS and on the client (mcafee agent) I can see HIPS.  I have not installed the extension... How and where would I do this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

You can download the extension from http://www.mcafee.com with your grant number.

Or, you can download the extension directly in the EPO Software Manager.

Cheers,

Thorsten

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you using ePO 4.6 or 5.x, you can go to software manager and add the extensions, otherwise you can go to McAfee.com and download it under the Host Intrusion Prevention product tab.

Best regards,

Jose Maria

0 Kudos
numin8r
Level 9

Thanks!

I'll give it a try.

0 Kudos
numin8r
Level 9

So, I downloaded the management extension from the software manager tab under HIPS.  I put the download on the desktop and it's in a zip folder.  I'm not exactly sure what I need from this download.  Is there a .exe file that I need to run for windows?  Do I need to add this extension to all the clients?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ansarias
Level 13

Try to check ZIP file in Extension, If it contains extension ePO will take it automatically.

0 Kudos
yuems
Level 11

Hi,

For EPO 5.x :

Epo5Ex.jpg
Software Extensions page click Install Extension and choose zip file.

For EPO 4.6.x :
EPO46Ex.jpg
Open Software Extensions page click Install Extension and choose zip file.

0 Kudos