cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sathish1
Level 7

Need to block application(say vlc.exe or winamp.exe) in HIPS 8.0

guys i found this kb https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71794  and tried

by creating

1. new ips rule based on mcafee default policy.

2. severity level as high

3. created a new subrule with TWO option 1. program-> Run target executable-> target executable(added file name description and fingerprint ) 2. hook->hook DLL->executables(added file name description and fingerprint )

4. in IPS protection ive created severity HIGH - prevent then other things are log

5. then i've assigned this things to my system group but still it dosen't block the application.

please help me guys AM I MISSING SOME THING. if any ome create a video in YOU TUBE OR ANY OTHER SOCIAL LINK it will be useful for so many peoples.

or if some one solve my things i'll do a video and post in youtube to help blocking application in HIPS 8.0

please find the attachments below.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Need to block application(say vlc.exe or winamp.exe) in HIPS 8.0

Try: KB71329 - How to blacklist applications using a Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0 custom signature

0 Kudos
sathish1
Level 7

I've already followed that you can find that screenshoot but its not working, in that it says environment like this

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0

McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0

but i'm using epo 4.6 is it make any difference.

Message was edited by: sathish1 on 27/2/13 10:24:14 AM IST
0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

The KB article works for ePO 4.6 as well.  Please make sure you follow the KB instructions, as they are different than the instructions you originally posted (it's using the PROGRAM engine, not the HOOK engine).

0 Kudos