cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NIPS Fault True

Hi all. Spotted the new 'NIPS Fault True' flag in the HIPS product settings? I think it came with P14 and it is significant. As I understand it, if it is set to YES, the product isn't working. There is a bug pre-patch 14 that fails to clear registry entries during installation that leads to this. I am also finding it in P15 and support are struggling to find the reason. Actually they seem hell bent only on insisting it is because we have a conflicting product (Cylance). It would help hugely if another company could check to see if they have the same issue, especially if they dont have the same conflict.

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: NIPS Fault True

Hello Andrew,

I'm working on the post, could you share a screenshot of the NIPS fault true option. Please share a full screenshot of the screen.

Regards,
Daya
Highlighted

Hi. Thanks, but I already have an SR open for this so I am not sure your working on it will help. I am trying to gauge the situation in other companies. The fact that you need a screen shot of the setting does not fill me with confidence either! It is just a product setting in HIPS that you can see in ePO by machine or you can even select it from a query. In query, there are two against HIPS: Firewall Fault and IPS Fault. Against the product you can only see NIPS Fault. I am not sure why.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Hello Andrew,

Could you share the SR number with me so that I can follow up with the engineer?

Regards,
Daya
Highlighted

4-21133915751

Highlighted

This is still going on. It surprises me that nobody else in the community has commented further.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community