cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Multiple HIPS Policies applied (stack), which policy to apply exception?

First post, nice to meet you all

Thank you in advance for any help.

I work in an environment where we have multiple HIPS policies applied in a stack. Some of them are a matter of compliance and cannot be deleted or else we fall out of compliance and have commited a security violation. My question is, given the information below, scenario based-

Policy 1

Policy 2 *has a signature that blocks a particular file or executable

Policy 3

Policy 4

Policy 5

Given the stack of policies above, can the exception be provided in Policy 5 even though the block is coming from a signature in Policy 2? Does the list/stack of policies rely on sequence? Or does the ePO server ultimately look at the list of policies singularly?

One of the reasons I ask is- when we discover a block, due to developers testing their software, we create an exception in HIPS (provided it's a HIPS block), however I do not see anything from the ePO or in the HipShield.log specifying which policy the block is occuring from.

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.