cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pmaquoi
Level 10

Missing hotfix

Sometimes we have to wait one year for a patch to resolve something wrong and sometimes we receive a SNS announcing the disponibility for one hotfix that we were expecting later so good surprise this time

Hotfix 913276 for Host IPS 8.0 Patch 4 is now available. This hotfix resolves the following issues:

• Firewall traffic fails to match a Connection Aware Group due to missing adapter info.
  • Network file transfers are slowed when FireCore is running.
  • UDP packets larger than 1280 bytes are dropped when both physical and virtual network adapters are in use.
  • Systems using Intel Ethernet Connection I128-LM network adapters lose network connection after resuming from sleep or hibernate.

Wait for the download, it seems that it is not present on the site yet. Hoping we won't have to wait too much because i have the firt point as a bug on my site

Philippe Maquoi

ePO 4.6.6 - ePO 5.1

Complete Protection Enterprise Suite

0 Kudos
5 Replies
greatscott
Level 12

Re: Missing hotfix

We have that first one as a bug too. I was under the impression that Patch 5 would address the issue, but it seems the hotfix will instead.

0 Kudos
Pmaquoi
Level 10

better one hotfix for this because Patch 5 is in one year (Q3 2015) if i remember well what i read this morning in a hips 8 KB.

0 Kudos
greatscott
Level 12

Hmm, I was under the impression that P5 was due in July.

0 Kudos
Pmaquoi
Level 10

this is written into the known issues document for Hips 8 P4

"Host IPS 8.0 Patch 5, which is tentatively expected to be released in Q2 2015"

And you know McAfee, Q2 will be mid Q3, perhaps ;-)

0 Kudos
megamock
Level 7

Interesting with the "Systems using Intel Ethernet Connection I128-LM network adapters lose network connection after resuming from sleep or hibernate.".

How has McAfee fixed this? That problem was due to a faulty device driver from Intel. The same problem showed up using Symantecs firewall as well...

Bad driver not host ips.

0 Kudos