I hope that somebody of you could help me with this annoying problem. We have just rolled out McAfee HIPS (incl. Patch 6) to our 3200 clients and since then many of them complain about that their notebooks take much more time to start up as they did before they have received HIPS. Now it takes about 10-15 minutes until they see the CTRL+ALT+DEL window, it stucks always at applying computer settings or applying network connections.
- Windows XP SP3 with the latest MS Hotfix
- ePO Agent 4.0
- McAfee OAS 8.5.0i Patch 8
- McAfee HIPS 7.0.0. Patch 6 (Build Number 1070)
- (and some clients with SP2) with the latest MS Hotfix
- Checkpoint VPN Client (FW rules still enabled)
- Swisscom Unlimited Data Manger (for network connections management)
let me know if you have any hint for me
ManyThanks & Greetings from Switzerland
I'm not a product expert but I've done a bit of tidying up and moved your thread into the HIPs area. Hopefully someone can help you soon.
You may want to open a support ticket and request HF533861.
Issue: System startup or shutdown takes an exceedingly long time with Host IPS installed. (Reference: 533861, 537762, 540714)
Resolution: Host IPS could cause a thread from an injected process to wait unnecessarily. The process injection mechanism has been updated to remove the possibility of this wait time.