cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duckt
Level 7

McAfee HIPS Internet-Update on Notebooks not working

We use Viruscan Enterprise 8.5 Patch 8 with HIPS 7 Patch 4 on Notebooks. The Notebook update with a Internet connection on Viruscan 8.5 and HIPS 7 works sucessfully. But if we install Viruscan Enterprise 8.7 with Patch 1, only the Viruscan 8.7 update is working, the "Security Content Version" of HIPS 7 is always the same old version and will not updated. Have anyone a resolution?

Best regards
duck.t
0 Kudos
5 Replies
duckt
Level 7

Re: McAfee HIPS Internet-Update on Notebooks not working

Please, have anyone the same problem? Can anyone test this?

The problem is about the HIPS Update over Internet, without the EPO-Server. And only with Viruscan 8.7. Now i installed the newest versions, without result. Only the combination HIPS with Viruscan 8.5 ist working with the Internet-Update.

Best regards

duck.t

0 Kudos
x-DFUMAGAL
Level 7

Hi,

what's MA version installed please?

Cheers

Davide

0 Kudos
duckt
Level 7

Hallo Davide,

i test this with ViruscanEnterprise 8.7 Patch2 and Hips 7 Patch 6 and its not working. But the combination ViruscanEnterprise 8.5 Patch 8 with Hips 7 Patch 6 is working successfully. I think with the new product "ViruscanEnterprise 8.7" there is no possibility to update the HIPS over Internet.

Best regards

duck.t

0 Kudos
duckt
Level 7

Hallo Davide,

i give you the versions. What's about this problem? Is there a resolution in the future?

Best regards

duck.t

Nachricht geändert durch duckt on 11.01.10 03:12:31 GMT-06:00
0 Kudos
phanj
Level 7

HIPS content update only works with ePO managed agent.  The standalone agent can not update. 

0 Kudos