Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Travler
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Intrushield and 8.5 spyware module

Today I attempted to push the VSE 8.5i Spyware Module to our IntruShield Manager server. It appeared to go alright. However, shortly after the push, I started receiving Error messages on the Manager stating "Mailer unreachable". I get an identical message about every 5 minutes. Details of the Error state:

Error: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 172.18.x.x, port: 25; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect.

(172.18.x.x is our mail server)

I promptly removed the Spyware module and rebooted the Manager server but I'm still receiving the same messages about every five minutes. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
1 Reply
Travler
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

RE: Intrushield and 8.5 spyware module

Just saw this old post of mine. The problem was that the Manager server was not in my ePO group that allows SMTP. Smiley Surprised (This group has the following setting unchecked: Access Protection Polices | Anti-Virus Standard Protection | Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail)

Why it never had a problem before the upgrade still baffles me, but moving it into this group solved the problem.:cool: