Hi McAfee Community,
I found some problem when my ePO update repository and deploy HIPS security content 126.96.36.19927 to user's laptop.
(No report until 15 Aug 2017 While Security Content 188.8.131.5227 release on 14 Aug 2017)
Some of user, their icon is missing from desktop but taskbar still exist and user's can access file from C:\Users\<username>\Desktop .
I'm not sure why but if I disabled Host IPS and restart explorer.exe, the icon showing up
So my Workaround result is:
- Disable Host IPS - Fix
- Upgrade HIPS and VSE to Patch 9 - Not Fix
- Re-Install HIPS with current Security content 184.108.40.20627 - Not Fix
- Re-Install HIPS with previous Security content 220.127.116.1150 - Fix
- Exclude Application Protection Rule in (HIPS - IPS Rule) - Fix
- ePO 5.3.2 build 156
- McAfee Agent 18.104.22.168
- McAfee HIPS Patch 7 - with Hotfix 1153407
- McAfee VSE Patch 7 (22.214.171.1248)
- DLP 126.96.36.199
- Drive Encryption 188.8.131.526
- SiteAdvisor 3.50.1364
Today I just excluded explorer.exe from application protection rule - for affected user but I need to find the root cause and solution of this issue.
Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center
2821 Mission College Blvd.
Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA
Consumer Support | Enterprise Support | McAfee.com
Legal | Privacy | Copyright © 2019 McAfee, LLC