cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How uninstall HIPS 8.0 old patches ??

Hi,

My costumer has deployed HIPS 8.0 on his systems (nomades and tablets) .

When I have looked at the HIPS situation I found a lot of version of HIPS patches installed.

I would like to know if there is a way to uninstall HIPS old patches using ePo (we are in 5.3.2) because I can't uninstall HIPS except last update (patch 11) ?

I found the kb to manually used the msiexec commands and I suppose it could be used by deploy solution like SCCM but don't know how to use these commands for amassive uninstall. ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
McAfee Employee ktankink
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: How uninstall HIPS 8.0 old patches ??

You can uninstall HIPS 8.0 using an ePO Agent Deployment task and any HIPS 8.0 full installer package (patch version doesn't matter) in the Uninstall task.  Create an Agent Deployment task, choose the HIPS 8.0 product, and set to Uninstall.  Run that task against your HIPS 8.0 clients.  The task will run the msiexec.exe command (as documented in KB73127) to uninstall HIPS 8.0.

Thanks was not sure it works like this

Will test next week and give you a feedback

regards

Hi 

I had a simliar situation. Lots of trial and error - but in short this worked for me every time.

1. Download Endpoint Product removal tool -  Endpoint Product Removal Tool Guide

2. Check into ePO 

3. Create Endpoint Product removal tool install client task, with commandline  switch - "--accepteula --HIPS --noreboot". If you can reboot machines then remove the reboot switch.

4. Create client task to uninstall FRM ( only required if you obviously running FRM )

5. Run FRM uninstall task ( if required)

6. Run Endpoint Product removal tool

Worked like a charm for me - no failures

Regards

AL

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community