My costumer has deployed HIPS 8.0 on his systems (nomades and tablets) .
When I have looked at the HIPS situation I found a lot of version of HIPS patches installed.
I would like to know if there is a way to uninstall HIPS old patches using ePo (we are in 5.3.2) because I can't uninstall HIPS except last update (patch 11) ?
I found the kb to manually used the msiexec commands and I suppose it could be used by deploy solution like SCCM but don't know how to use these commands for amassive uninstall. ?
Thanks for your help
You can uninstall HIPS 8.0 using an ePO Agent Deployment task and any HIPS 8.0 full installer package (patch version doesn't matter) in the Uninstall task. Create an Agent Deployment task, choose the HIPS 8.0 product, and set to Uninstall. Run that task against your HIPS 8.0 clients. The task will run the msiexec.exe command (as documented in KB73127) to uninstall HIPS 8.0.
I had a simliar situation. Lots of trial and error - but in short this worked for me every time.
1. Download Endpoint Product removal tool - Endpoint Product Removal Tool Guide
2. Check into ePO
3. Create Endpoint Product removal tool install client task, with commandline switch - "--accepteula --HIPS --noreboot". If you can reboot machines then remove the reboot switch.
4. Create client task to uninstall FRM ( only required if you obviously running FRM )
5. Run FRM uninstall task ( if required)
6. Run Endpoint Product removal tool
Worked like a charm for me - no failures