Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techchick69
Level 7

How to block website using HIPS 7.0.5.

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way within ePO that either using the FW or HIPS, can I block a user's workstation from accessing a certain website?

I'm currently running ePO 4.5.5 (Build 1188) with HIPS 7.0.5 and Firewall 7.0.5.

If anyone has any guidance on this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks to all, and have a great day!

Y

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
redbeardrc
Level 9

Re: How to block website using HIPS 7.0.5.

Jump to solution

Create a firewall rule, rule type: Domain, at the top and enter the domain name like *google.com

This will cause the firewall to drop any dns requests to that domain, effectively blocking it.

7 Replies
HermanSchenk
Level 11

Jump to solution

Hi, I don t know if it s possible or not but you can use the site advisor software  (ePO version) this software can block web sites ...

0 Kudos
redbeardrc
Level 9

Jump to solution

Create a firewall rule, rule type: Domain, at the top and enter the domain name like *google.com

This will cause the firewall to drop any dns requests to that domain, effectively blocking it.

techchick69
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you redbeardrc!!!

That is exactly what I needed to know and you showed me where to correctly insert a domain blocking entry within the ePO FW.

Thanks so much again!

Y

0 Kudos
HermanSchenk
Level 11

Jump to solution

Thanks man good job!

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm looking to do the same thing except using ENS Firewall. Have played with couple of options but isn't quite producing the same result. Irrespective of browser or protocol, I simply want to block certain domains. Thanks.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Edit the "DNS Blocking" rules in the ENS Firewall Options policy.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Kary, Thanks. I was able to block using FW FQDN rule also. It doesn't work when browser proxy is configured though. Other executable that do not use proxy are blocked.

telnet www.google.com 443

0 Kudos